Startpage Register Members Search Help
  Login/Logout My Profile Private Messages  

Topic View [143] - Howard Tayler's Comments about Link1986's AB Panel

» Startpage - Nz17 Productions
» Nz17 Productions
  » Macrobo V
    · Howard Tayler's Comments about Link1986'...

0 Replies and 1335 Clicks (0.33 Clicks/day)
Rating: None
Currently also reading: nobody

Style for Topic View:
Flat view Threaded view
Highlight word:

Print view Recommend posting Watch posting Report posting
offline  nz17
 Fearless Leader
 User StatusUser StatusUser StatusUser StatusUser StatusUser Status
 Topic starter Moderator

nz17 (Sean Robinson)
Sex: male
Postings: 405
0.10 Postings/day
since 07.05.2006
last Tuesday, 05:40h
usa

Level: 20
Experience: 100981/105000
   Show single posting
  Monday, 23 October 2006 20:20:29 +0000 ( 11y 1d 20h 32m 19s )
  Subject: Howard Tayler's Comments about Link1986's AB Panel
Link1986 hosted a panel at Anime Banzai called "Wondeful World of Webcomics." Partway through Link's panel Howard Tayler, author of "Schlock Mercenary," decided to throw in some helpful insights from his side of things. He mentions this in his blog. Below please find the relevent excerpts.

Anime Banzai Not-a-Convention-Report Day 2

I’ll confess — I did do a little of my usual convention attendance shtick. There was a Webcomics panel, and while I intended to sit in on it quietly and see what was said, I can’t keep my mouth shut in that sort of setting for long. Ultimately it came out that I was a full-time cartoonist, and then the tone of the panel changed from “what are good ways to get hosting?” to “how do you make a living at this?” Blah, blah, blah, I talked a lot, and later apologized to the moderator for hijacking his event.

But back to the “dragged my daughter to a convention” train of thought: in the morning she wanted me to be with her wherever she was. By 3:00pm she was running around on her own. At 5:30 as I was leaving the dealer’s room (where I sat down for a podcast interview, I think it goes live in a week, I’ll post links when I’ve got ‘em) Security told me “your daughter said if we see you to tell you that she’s at Registration.” So I went to registration where they told me “she said to tell you she’s in Viewing Room One watching Naruto.”

Well, okay then.

Find the rest of his post through the link to his blog above.
Reply Quote reply Write Mail Write PN

Vote topic
You cannot vote on this object due to missing permissions.
Topic-Navigation