Startpage Register Members Search Help
  Login/Logout My Profile Private Messages  

» Back to topic

nz17 Friday, 28 March 2008 01:04:01 +0000
Subject: Cool Psychonauts Themes for PS3
Now I don't have a PlayStation 3 so I don't know how these work, but apparently there are some themes from the excellent game "Psychonauts" available for the PS3 menus . I think they may be free, I am unsure, but I do believe they look pretty awesome. Maybe Link1986, being the owner of a PS3, can inform further on this matter... please? thumb's up

On a related topic, I am playing the game "Insecticide" for the Nintendo DS. The game has really high production values, and I cannot wait for the PC version to release so I can play that too (and get the PC-quality visuals).

Yet it is not the visuals but rather the audio qualities that caught my ear recently. It sounded quite familiar, especially in the diner investigation scene, and almost like... the music from "Grim Fandango"! Yes! I put two and two together, and began my investigation today. After some of my skilled detective work, it turns out that yes, Peter McConnell, the composer behind the Monkey Island series, Full Throttle, Grim Fandango, and Psychonauts (there's the tie-in to the first paragraph) also did the soundtrack for Insecticide. Awesome, atmospheric stuff. Turns out a lot of ex-LucasArts people worked on the game. I suggest you guys check it!